In this fifth installment Death is just as omnipresent as ever and is unleashed after one man’s premonition saves a group of coworkers from a terrifying suspension bridge collapse. But these unsuspecting souls were never supposed to survive, and in a terrifying race against time, the ill-fated group frantically tries to discover a way to escape Death’s sinister agenda.
- Filming in Vancouver, Canada.
- Originally had an August 26th 2011 release before moving forward a week.
- Actress Ellen Wroe plays "the daughter of a company executive, a woman with gymnast training who is a little snobby and for whom everything is a contest."
- Actor P.J. Byrne plays "an obnoxious kleptomaniac."
- Actor Nicholas D'Agosto is playing "a guy who doesn't make fast decision in his own life."
- Actor Tony Todd will reportedly return as the mysterious "Mr. Bludworth" character that seemed to know much more than he should about death's plan from the first two films.
- Rumored to have the title 5nal Destination.
- It's said that opening scene will take place on a suspension bridge.
- Apparently there will be a scene involving a character undergoing laser-eye surgery.
- Director Steven Quale has mostly worked as Second Unit Director and most recently with Avatar, which he also served as Visual Effects Supervisor.
- Writer Eric Heisserer also scripted the A Nightmare on Elm Street remake and The Thing prequel.
- It's said that the producers plan to make the "necessary improvements to deliver what audiences expect from this franchise, going back to the original."
- Much like The Final Destination, this sequel will be in 3D.
- The Final Destination was originally intended to be the last installment in the franchise since development of the project was rough and the film itself received a lot of slack from critics, but the studio changed its mind when the pic made $66 million domestically and became a success overseas.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.