At the end of WWII a squad of Russian soldiers pushing into eastern Germany stumble across a secret Nazi lab, one that has unearthed and begun experimenting with the journal of one Doctor Frankenstein - using his work as the basis for assembling an army of super soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades.
- Will have its world premiere at the Rotterdam International Film Festival on January 26th 2013.
- Filmed in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic.
- Actor Karel Roden plays "Viktor, a charismatic but wildly megalomaniacal scientist whose experiments with the living dead could turn the tide for Hitler’s Nazi forces toward the end of World War II."
- Alternate synopsis: Takes place toward the end of World War II, as Russian soldiers push into eastern Germany and stumble across a secret Nazi lab, one that has unearthed and begun experimenting with the journal of one Dr. Viktor Frankenstein. The scientists have used the legendary Frankenstein's work to assemble an army of super-soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades - a desperate Hitler's last ghastly ploy to escape defeat.
- Originally titled Army of Frankenstein.
- Director Richard Raaphorst came close to making the much-talked about Nazi zombie film Worst Case Scenario, but after several years of financial upsets, he had to regretfully abandon the project. This is Richard's next attempt at a feature film, using the same visual look and style he intended to have in WCS.
5/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.