No official plot yet, but it will likely take place sometime after the events of the first film.
New Line Cinema
- Fuller briefly explained the current situation with the project, saying "There's just no movement on it right now. Paramount and New Line are simply evaluating if they're going to make it and that's what's happening." (4/26/10)
- Producer Brad Fuller confirmed that the last script involved Camp Crystal Lake re-opening to the public and Jason would indeed be in a snow setting for a portion of the film.
- Despite interest from the producers to pursue a sequel, it seems that it wasn't enough move the project forward, as Platinum Dune's Brad Fuller was recently quoted saying that it's now "dead" and "not happening".
- It's rumored that the film may be in 3D.
- Originally aimed for an August 13th 2010 theatrical release.
- Derek Mears returns as Jason Voorhees.
- There's talk that there may be a segment in the film where Jason is pitted in the snow. It would be fun to see a scene where he's again among the log cabins and garden furniture of a camp creating havoc.
- The producers are aiming to feature some more unique kills.
- Writers Damian Shannon and Mark Swift return.
- Platinum Dunes and New Line are once again teaming for this.
- It's said that director Marcus Nispel has expressed no interest in returning for the sequel.
- Though not confirmed, it's unlikely that actors Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti will return.
- It's said that this sequel will not take any cues from previous F13 sequels and will offer a completely new storyline.
- The obvious sequel to the Friday the 13th remake.