Revolves around a man, who wakes up behind the wheel of his car after crashing headfirst into a tree. Injured and bleeding from the head, he makes his way to a nearby town called Frost Road, only to discover that the townspeople have been stricken with some sort of virus that causes them to essentially "rip themselves apart."
Avenue Pictures Productions
- Filming is hoped to begin sometime in 2010.
- Read on for a more descriptive premise: "It revolves around this man who wakes up behind the wheel of his car. He has crashed headfirst into this tree in the middle of this forest in the middle of nowhere. He comes to, he's been injured. He's bleeding from his head and thinks it is from this car crash. He finds a cell phone in the car and tries to call 911 and there's a strange interference that is somehow blocking his call. He makes his way down to this town of Frost Road and finds that this entire town has died, everyone is gone and whatever happened just happened recently. For whatever reason, he is immune to what happened."
- A graphic novel based on the film's story is apparently also being developed with Brandon Humphreys.
- Keith Arem has this to say about the virus causing people to rip themselves apart: "It becomes a sort of a zombie film in reverse. Instead of this constant threat of being attacked by all these plagued victims, this becomes a story of survival and keeping these people alive."
- Writer/director Keith Arem is better known in the video game world, where he has worked with sound and directing for games like the ever popular Call of Duty franchise.