A mysterious gunman, Aman (Snipes), is the son of a nun who breaks her covenant with God to ensure his survival. This act brings a curse upon Aman - all those that die by his gun will return. Soon, he is hunted by a gang of his undead former victims, led by the vicious Kansa (Howarth). Aman enlists Fabulos (Riley Smith), a new young warrior, to fight by his side.
August 6, 2013 (DVD)
Now On DVD
Jack Bowyer Productions
R "bloody violence, grisly images, some language and brief nudity."
Diamond Dallas Page
- The flick finally arrives on DVD (plus Digital UltraViolet), Digital Download and Video on Demand August 6 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment.
- The film has been completed for years and has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. It's our assumption that the studio wanted to finally release the flick closer to Snipe's release from prison in July 2013. This would explain why VMI Worldwide is now shopping the film's distribution rights at 2013 European Film Market. (1/31/13)
- Alternate synopsis: The film follows a mysterious gunman named Kaos -- the son of a nun who breaks her covenant with God to ensure his survival. This act brings a curse upon Kaos, where all those that die by his gun will return from the dead. Hunted by the gang of his undead former victims, led by the vicious Kansa, Kaos enlists Fabulos, a new young warrior to fight by his side.
- Originally titled Gallowwalker (singular).
- Certain key action scenes had to be reshot back in May '09 after the crew had already sold off various memorabilia from the film, which resulted in them having to purchase them back for the reshoot.
- It's said that this is the first installment in a planned trilogy.
- Filmed in Namibia, South Africa.
- Snipes was eventually jailed for three years for failing to pay $15 million (USD) in taxes through a campaign which he used to conceal millions in offshore investments.
- Actor Wesley Snipes was indicted on tax evasion charges back in October 2006, and was arrested in Orlando, Florida, but was granted permission to return to Namibia to finish filming. He was given until January 10th 2007 to return to the US and surrender his passport, with a trial scheduled for March.
- Written by Joanne Reay, who also worked with director Andrew Goth on Cold and Dark.
- The original premise is as follows: "Follows a bounty hunter named Rellik, whose job is to help wipe out the population of undead in the Old West. He takes a young man nicknamed "Twenty-One" under his wing to show him the ropes, but after returning from a successful capture they find discover that some settlers have accidentally unleashed all the undead from their holding place."
- When the project was first announced it was under the title The Wretched and had Chow Yun Fat set to star with production aimed to begin in 2005.
5/10 | Click here
to read the official review from a UHM staff member.