|Tags: 3-d, 3d, Alex Winter, creatures, gate, hell, kids, REMAKES, the gate|
You voted ‘down’
When best friends Miles and Terry discover a mysterious crystalline rock in Miles's back yard, they quickly dig up the lawn in search of more. Instead, they unearth the Gate—the opening to an underground chamber containing terrifying evil. The teenagers soon realize the horror they have unleashed, as one dire event follows another. With supernatural fiends invading suburbia, it's up to the kids to find the secret that will lock the Gate forever...if it's not too late.
- Announced in 2009, the project hasn't made much movement since. It's currently in a Development Unknown stage. If nothing changes for the next couple years it'll be assumed dead and be moved to the Dead Projects section. (4/21/14)
- Filming was originally said to begin sometime in the summer of 2009 in Cologne, Germany's MMC Studios.
- Visual effects are being handled by the Frankfurt and Stuttgart studios of Pixomondo (Roland Emmerich's 2012).
- Director Alex Winter is better known as "Bill" from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure & Bogus Journey.
- When the project was first announced SFX vet Randall William Cook (who did the effects for both previous Gate films) was going to direct, however, he felt the script needed a lot of work and creative differences led to him leaving.
- It's said that this will be in 3D.
- When it was a sequel it had the title The Gate: 20 Years Later.
- Originally announced as a remake, but then later reported to be a sequel to the 1987 film, which would ignore the previous 1992 sequel. It is apparently a remake again.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.