No official plot yet, but the original short revolved around the idea that genetic freaks wander the streets courtesy of irresponsible pharmaceutical companies and a drug that reactivated certain parts of the human genome.
- It's said that the studio is looking to hire a writer to expand the story. (6/15/12)
- Original director Matt Westrup returns and was quoted saying: "Our plan for The Gate was to always expand and build upon the world that I conceived for the 11 minute short. Wayfare Entertainment shares our vision in taking those themes and ideas, and adapting them into a sci-fi thriller that is driven by a grounded, sophisticated plot and intriguing character arcs."
- You can watch the short here.
- The original short film has been compared to another short called Alive In Joburg, which was later expanded into a feature film call District 9.
- Based on the short film with the same name from Matt Westrup.
- No relation to the 1987 film The Gate.