A group of oil-rig roughnecks are left stranded on the sub-arctic tundra after their plane experiences a complete mechanical failure and crashes into the remote Alaskan wilderness. The survivors, battling mortal injuries, biting cold and ravenous hunger, are relentlessly hunted and pursued by a vicious pack of rogue wolves.
- Open Road Films will distribute in the US.
- Joe Carnahan had this to say about the wolves in the film: "I know that if you look at a wolf for too long, it's just a [cuddly] malamute. So we're doing the 'Jaws' approach. They're like the slasher in a slasher movie. [They] have a territorial range of 300 miles, and they will run you out if you cross that. If you’re within 30 miles of their den as is the case here, they will try to kill you. It’s simple arithmetic, but it creates an opportunity for one of those man vs. nature movies I love like Deliverance and Touching the Void."
- Bradley Cooper (The Hangover, The A-Team) was originally cast, but was replaced with Liam Neeson.
- Director Joe Carnahan also helmed Smokin' Aces and The A-Team.
- This is a survival thriller.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.