No official plot yet, but the original told of a curse that locks a person in a powerful rage before claiming their life and spreading to another victim.
Ghost House Pictures
- Writer Jeff Buhler had a interview recently where he revealed his approach with the script, saying: "The first thing I would say is that, we’re not approaching this as a remake of the Sarah Michelle Gellar film, or a remake of the Ju-on film. This is pushing the mythology forward, while keeping the concepts and spirit of those movies, yet finding a new way to tell a story within that world, which is exciting." Adding that the film would have "new characters, new ghost, and a new mythology. I’m not really at a liberty to say anything more than that for obvious reasons, as we are still in the scripting process. I think letting fans of the original series know that we are not going back to (the character of) Kayoko and trying to mine what’s already been mined is important (though). We are still very early in the process."(4/9/14)
- Scripted by Jeff Buhler (Midnight Meat Train).
- Sam Raimi returns to produce via his Ghost House Pictures banner.
- The original remake was based on a Japanese film titled Ju-On, which was later remade in it's own country as Ju-On: The Grudge.
- Said to be a "reboot" of the original 2004 US film, which was a remake of a Japanese film.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.