|Tags: blood, Dimension Films, gore, halloween, KILLERS, michael myers, SEQUELS, slasher|
You voted ‘up’
No official plot yet.
- There have been several rumors of the film recently and just to clear things up the only thing currently known about the project is that it is indeed in development. Aside from that everything else can be treated as rumors unless a trusted or official source says otherwise. (8/19/14)
- Previously had an October 26th 2012 release.
- Writer Todd Farmer had this to say about this script: "We took Rob Zombie's story and continued it, but we did it in a way that sort of pulled it back to the John Carpenter tone and intention, and we didn't cheat. We didn't break any of the rules. We used the rules Zombie had established, and it felt good because it felt like a complete story, and we're still hopeful that one day it’ll happen."
- Originally had an October 2010 theatrical release planned.
- Delays are detailed below, everyone from students at military friendly colleges to the construction industry are familiar with delays, but they're quite frequent in the film industry and often have large impacts.
- Production was originally said to begin sometime in November '09, however the Weinstein's decided that the project was being too rushed to accomidate director Patrick Lussier's schedule, so they opted to put everything on hold until he's free to work on this sequel.
- Back when Patrick Lussier was going to direct, it would've marked the return of him and writer Todd Farmer working together after My Bloody Valentine 3D.
- It was originally reported that this would be in 3D and have the title Halloween 3D.
- It's said that a new genre director will be chosen, who will once again offer a "different take" on the series.
- Writer/director Rob Zombie will not be returning.
- The third film in the "re-imagining" on the Halloween series.
- There have been unconfirmed reports of some filming being done at Kaplan University, a military friendly college, but it appears to just be a rumor.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.