The film is said to follow a sheriff whose forced to team up with an obsessed Victorian vampire hunter in order to stop an undead evil from consuming their 1892 New Mexican frontier town.
- Director Mary Lambert was quoted saying the following about the female vampire: "She is the queen vampire and our story takes place right after the American Civil War. We end up in this small Western town where there’s a sheriff, who is the movie’s lead character, who has kind of given up hope; his life has not gone to plan, and he’s a drunk. The film then becomes a story about his redemption—about him putting down the drink and taking out some vampires."
- Originally scheduled to begin filming in April '06.
- Produced by Mark Heidelberger at Treasure Entertainment, who has supposedly been trying to get this project off the ground for years.
- Director Mary Lambert also directed Stephen King's Pet Sematary.
- Described as "Unforgiven meets Bram Stoker’s Dracula."
- It's said that at one point this project was set up at Screen Gems with John Carpenter attached to direct.
- Set in the "old west".
- Written by Denis Faye.