Two backwoods brothers, Petus and Pervis Brakk, ambush a landing party of extraterrestrial beings on their swampland property collecting Earth plant samples for study. The brothers kill the males and take the alien female into captivity where they torture and abuse her. They secretly keep her captive for months in their basement cellar. She becomes impregnated with the spawn of one of the sadistic brothers and escapes into the swampland. Before she dies, she gives birth to a monstrous, half-alien, half-human egg-shaped, creature with extraterrestrial powers, HUMPTY DUMPTY.
In the meantime, a smart Southern sheriff becomes suspicious after reports come into his office about a UFO seen by people from the small town. He ultimately solves the case, but not before Humpty has taken crowd-pleasing bloody revenge on the Brakk brothers for their unspeakable acts against his mother.
David R. Ellis
- After having been in development for several years it appears that the project just never got off the ground. It likely lost financing somewhere along the way. David R. Ellis was never really confirmed to be attached to the project, but with his death in 2013 it pretty much sealed any chances of that ever happening anyway. However, while the feature film failed to move forward, a graphic novel did and it's apparently the sole reason that the Humpty Dumpty social pages on FB and Twitter are still active. Maybe one day a feature film will happen, but at this point it seems unlikely. (1/15/2014)
- Production was originally is slated to begin September '09.
- The project was made into a graphic novel.
- This will be in 3-D.
- David R. Ellis (Final Destination 2, Snakes on a Plane) was originally going to direct.
- Intandem Films is exec-producing and handling worldwide sales.
- Produced by Mark Ordesky through his recently launched Amber Entertainment, with Suzanne de Passe and Madison Jones of the iDream Company and Darry Welch from Instinctive Film.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.