No official plot yet.
No official plot yet.
- Apparently the studio has given up on trying to bring back Will Smith and are now pushing for a reboot of the potential franchise. Writer Gary Graham is retrofitting his script for A Garden At The End Of The World (described as a sci-fi version of John Wayne’s The Searchers) to fit into a reboot for I Am Legend. The two properties reportedly contain enough similarities to blend together. (10/2/14)
- Producer Akiva Goldsman recently confirmed in an interview that they've pretty much given up on pursuing a sequel, saying: "Oh no no, [there was] never a movie. I mean, we wrote a prequel [and] a sequel. We had a really interesting prequel, which was the first outbreak of the virus, during a Thanksgiving Day parade, which was awesome. We did a really interesting prequel that [took place] later. Which was right after the first... really right when the population of of humans became pretty decimated. And it was this sort of trek to Washington. Which included a dark seeker elephant that had broken out of the zoo. Then we did a sequel that started with Neville again — and you realized that he was cloned. We’ve tried every which way. It will never happen but we really enjoyed trying to make it happen."
- Arash Amel is currently scripting.
- Despite the outcome of the previous film, the studio is looking to bring back Will Smith as "Robert Neville."
- Back when the project was still thought to be a prequel, Will Smith revealed some potential plot details: "...it’s essentially the fall of the last city – the last stand of Manhattan. The movie would be…within the body of the movie D.C. and then Manhattan would fall as the last city. It’s a really cool idea trying to figure it out…there’s a reason why we have to take a small band and we have to get into D.C. So we have to make our way from New York to D.C. and then back to New York."
- D.B. Weiss scripted an early draft (back when it was a prequel) that was based on a detailed outline that was discussed by Will Smith, Francis Lawrence and producers Akiva Goldsman and James Lassiter.
- When the project was still a prequel it was said that original director Francis Lawrence would return, but there's no word if that's still the case.
- When the project was original announced several years ago it was said to be a prequel, but now it looks like the studio is pursuing a sequel.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.