Frankenstein's creature, Adam, has survived to present day due to a genetic quirk in his creation. Making his way to a dark, gothic metropolis, he finds himself caught in an all-out, centuries old war between two immortal clans.
January 24, 2014
Death Ray Films
- Originally slated for a February 22nd and September 13th 2013 theatrical release.
- The film will be converted to 3D during post-production and released in 3D format during its theatrical release.
- Filmed in Australia.
- Filming was originally hoped to begin sometime in July 2010.
- Yvonne Strahovski (NBC's Chuck) plays the female lead as "a scientist working on reanimating the dead and tricked into working for demons seeking to create an army of the undead.
- Miranda Otto (no relation to Socratis Otto) plays "the queen of the gargoyles who wants to help Frankenstein."
- Bill Nighy is in talks to play "a demon prince."
- Socratis Otto is in talks to play the demon prince's compatriot, who is tasked with tracking down and capturing Adam, Frankenstein's monster, who is being hunted by demons that want to learn the secret of his creation in order to build an army of reanimated corpse demons.
- Director Stuart Beattie was quoted saying: "Mary Shelly's story is about the creation of the first human being. This is the story about that being becoming human."
- Stuart Beattie (Collateral) makes his second directorial effort with this film, the first being the successful Aussie flick Tomorrow, When the War Began.
- Stuart Beattie will rework the script from co-creator Kevin Grevioux.
- Patrick Tatopoulos (Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) was originally attached to direct.
- It's said that Frankenstein's monster has evolved to where he can now control his anger and is a private investigator. Dracula, meanwhile, is a crime kingpin.
- The project brings together classic monster characters — including the Frankenstein monster and Dracula — in a contemporary film noir setting.
- Lakeshore hopes this will be the next action-horror franchise, similar to what they did with Underworld.
- Based on the comic from Underworld co-creator Kevin Grevioux, who also writes the script.