|Tags: George Riddle, haunted hotel, haunting, hotel, innkeepers, Kelly McGillis, Pat Healy, Sara Paxton, SUPERNATURAL, Ti West|
Centered around the final two employees working in a haunted hotel before it goes out of business. After over one hundred years in business, The Yankee Pedlar Hotel is about to close its doors for good. The last remaining clerks, Claire (Sara Paxton), a twenty something that has come to terms with her lot in life, and Luke (Pat Healy), a computer-smart loner, are convinced that the hotel is haunted and are determined to prove it.
As time ticks down to the final days of operation, mysterious guests check in including Leanne Rease-Jones (Kelly McGillis), a former TV actress turned psychic, and an old man insistent on staying in room 353. As several strange occurrences begin to add up, both Claire and Luke must make the crucial decision on what to believe and what not to believe...
- Magnet Releasing will distribute the film via on-demand release in December, before getting a limited theatrical run in February 2012. It'll hit DVD later in 2012 through MPI Media Group.
- Premiered at 2011's SXSW Festival.
- Filmed in Connecticut.
- Apparently Ti West came up with the idea on the film after his stay at the Inn while he was shooting The House of the Devil.
- Director Ti West has been quoted saying that he intends this to be "a truly terrifying" follow-up to his previous pic The House of the Devil.
- Fans may remember director Ti West from The House of the Devil and Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.