Follows the haunted Lambert family as they seek to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world.
- A motion poster for the film can be viewed here.
- Filmed in Los Angeles.
- Originally slated for an August 30th then September 20th 2013 theatrical release.
- Lindsay Seim plays a young "Elise Rainier" who is Lin Shaye's character.
- Jocelin Donahue (House of the Devil) plays a young "Lorraine Lambert" who is also played by Barbara Hershey, which means we'll probably be getting some flashback sequences that delves more into the character.
- Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Barbara Hershey, and Ty Simpkin all return for the sequel.
- Writer Leigh Whannell revealed in a recent interview that his character "Specs" and his partner "Tucker" (Angus Sampson) will return for the sequel. The duo played the weird and quirky parapsychologists that worked with Lin Shaye's character.
- It's said that there will be some returning cast members.
- Writer Leigh Whannell was quoted saying: "I believe that James Wan and I achieved what we set out to do -- create a horror film for horror fans. So it is with great excitement that we announce our commitment to a second installment of this story. Both of us feel that we can mine more terror from the world we created and know that if we assemble every member of the original team, we will have an amazing continuation of the story for fans of the first film."
- James Wan is in talks to direct once again.
- Leigh Whannell returns as writer.
- The obvious sequel to 2010's Insidious, which was a surprise hit, receiving a $54-million domestic box office total, and $155-million worldwide.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.