Follows a group of kids called the "Losers Club" that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise. When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup again, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle.
New Line Cinema
- Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre, Jane Eyre) directs and co-writes.
- Warner Bros. has moved the project over to their New Line Cinema production outfit, as they plan on having the company specifically focus on horror once again.
- The film will reportedly be split into two full length features, the first telling the story as kids, while the second follows the same kids as adults.
- It's said that they're aiming for an R rating.
- It's said that the film will primarily be set in "present day".
- No word on who will be playing the devious clown "It".
- At one point Dave Kajganich (Invasion, Creek) was hired to script.
- Based on the best-selling Stephen King book published in 1986, which was then turned into an ABC miniseries in 1990.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.