Juan is a typical forty-year-old slacker. One day Havana begins to fill up with zombies. Juan decides that the best way to cope with it is to prosper. "Juan of the dead killed their loved ones" is his slogan, and his mission is to help people get rid of those infected around them ... for a price. But the situation gets worse -- while everyone is escaping to sea as a means to get away, Juan is left with no choice but to become a hero, staying to defend his country and protect his own on an island that has turned into a real bloodbath.
- Outsider Pictures will give the film a very limited theatrical run in the US before Focus World releases it via on-demand and DVD platforms later in the year.
- Focus Features digital distribution label, Focus World, will distribute the flick via an on-demand platform.
- Filmed in Havana, Cuba.
- Also known as Juan de los Muertos in Spanish.
- Budgeted at an estimated 1.3-million Euros.
- This is a Cuban zombie horror comedy.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.