No official plot yet.
- Actor BD Wong will return as Dr. Henry Wu.
- Writer/director Colin Trevorrow had a recent interview where he revealed his thoughts on brigning back characters, saying: "I know a lot of fans want to see the original characters back. They’re iconic. But I respect those actors too much to shoehorn them into this story for my own sentimental reasons. Jurassic Park isn’t about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation. The only reason they’d go back to that island is if the screenwriters contrived a reason for them to go. But there is a character from the first film who makes sense in our world. This hasn’t been announced yet, but BD Wong will be returning as Dr. Henry Wu. He had a much larger role in the original novel, he was the engineer of this breakthrough in de-extinction. He spent two decades living in Hammond’s shadow, underappreciated. We think there’s more to his story."
- Actor Vincent D’Onofrio will reportedly play "the bad guy" in the film.
- Actor Chris Pratt had an interview recently where he added a little more insight on the story and his character, saying: "How do you suspend disbelief to be like, 'Oh, yes! Let's make this mistake again! We haven't learned our lesson about dinosaurs. We should definitely live with them and see how that works out!" After three tries, they answer the question really well through the script. Colin did a great job of writing it and justifying it. Kind of, in his own way, having fun with that so that anybody who goes in with that question will be really amused the way I was." He also adds that his character is a little bit of Sam Neill's Dr. Alan Grant and Jeff Goldblum's Dr. Ian Malcom: "He's got a little bit of the Goldblum cynicism, but also the Sam Neill excitement at the wonder and the biology of it all."
- Co-writer/director Colin Trevorrow has recently revealed that the story is "set 22 years after the horrific events of Jurassic Park." This adds to the rumor that the story revolves around a fully functional dinosaur theme park called "Jurassic World."
- Nick Robinson (The Kings of Summer) plays Ty Simpkins' (Insidious, Iron Man 3) older brother.
- Fans may remember actor Chris Pratt as Andy from NBC's Parks and Recreation.
- Directed by Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed).
- Originally had a June 13th 2014 theatrical release.
- It's said that the film will feature a "terrifying new dinosaur."
- Originally titled Jurassic Park 4.
- No word if Sam Neill or Jeff Goldblum will return or have cameos in the film.
- One of the supposed ideas behind a new film was about "a group of soldiers that were genetically crossed humans and dinosaurs." This idea was obviously scrapped.
- Back in 2002 Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III) was originally going to direct with a theatrical release in 2005.
- It's said that this is a "reboot" or the franchise and takes place many years after the events of the past films.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.