|Tags: After Dark Films, David Pledger, Joel Anderson, lake mungo, Martin Sharpe, mockumentary, Rosie Traynor, Scott Terrill, Steve Jodrell, SUPERNATURAL, Talia Zucker, Tamara Donnellan|
Sixteen-year-old Alice Palmer drowns while swimming in the local dam. When her body is recovered and a verdict of accidental death returned, her grieving family buries her. The family then experiences a series of strange and inexplicable events centered in and around their home. Profoundly unsettled, the Palmers seek the help of psychic and parapsychologist, who discovers that Alice led a secret, double life. A series of clues lead the family to Lake Mungo where the girl's secret past emerges.
- The third movie in After Dark Films horrorfest lineup in 2010.
- Made its premiere at 2008's American Film Market.
- This is a documentary-style film described as a "supernatural drama about grief."
- The actual Lake Mungo is in the south-western part of New South Wales, Australia.
- A US remake is already in the works.
- This is an Australian horror film.
- Joel Anderson's directorial debut.
10/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.