Five hundred years ago, war raged between humankind and witches, vicious supernatural creatures intent on unleashing the Black Death upon the world. Armies of witch hunters battled the unnatural enemy across the globe, including KAULDER (Vin Diesel), a valiant warrior who managed to slay an all-powerful QUEEN WITCH, decimating her followers in the process. In the moments before her death, the Queen exacted her revenge by cursing Kaulder with immortality, forever separating him from his beloved wife and daughter in the afterlife. Kaulder has spent centuries hunting down rogue witches, all the while yearning for his long-lost loved ones.
Today, he is the only one of his kind–the last witch hunter. With the help of FATHER DOLAN, a Catholic priest, and a mystical arsenal hidden beneath New York’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral, he continues to pursue the renegades and outlaws who endanger humanity. Chief among their adversaries is BELIAL, a powerful rebel witch who Kaulder believes has found a way to restore the Queen Witch to power and reignite her campaign to destroy the human world.
With the help of CHLOE, a goodhearted young witch, Kaulder sets out to stop Belial before he can set his plan in motion, but allies in unexpected places keep the evil witch one step ahead in a cunning cat-and-mouse pursuit that will determine the survival of the human race.
Mark Canton Productions
One Race Entertainment
Burk Sharpless (polish)
Matt Sazama (polish)
Melisa Wallack (polish)
D.W. Harper (rewrite)
- Filming is aimed for August 2014 in Pittsburg.
- Rose Leslie (Game of Thrones) will play a witch and love interest opposite Diesel.
- The studio hired Melisa Wallack (Dallas Buyers Club) to polish the script.
- Filming was originally estimated to begin sometime in February 2014.
- Breck Eisner also helmed The Crazies remake.
- Timur Bekmambetov was originally going to direct, but had to step down, as he's busy with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
- A lengthy spoiler-filled synopsis can be read here.
- Fans may recognize producer Timur Bekmambetov from his work with 2008's Wanted.
- It's said that this film has "franchise potential".
- Summit Entertainment is behind this project, which they acquired after a pitch from writer Cory Goodman.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.