|Tags: Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, DVD, Jamison Newlander, lost boys, SEQUELS, Tanit Phoenix, trilogy, VAMPIRES, Warner Premiere|
The thankless life of a vampire hunter has taken its toll on Edgar Frog. After losing best friend and fellow vamp fighter, Sam, he has started to let himself slide. He’s down to selling his prized comic book collection just to pay rent on a decrepit trailer when stunning vampire novelist Gwen approaches with an offer. She needs him to find her brother who has gone missing after getting sucked into a series of underground raves, called “The Gathering”, held by an enigmatic spinner named DJ Dusk.
In a last, frantic message he mentioned being given a new party drug known as The Thirst, which turned out to be a mixture of ecstasy and vampire blood. Gwen shows Edgar a vile of the The Thirst, explaining DJ Dusk must be a head vampire and he’s using his parties to raise an undead army. With the last rave, “The Final Gathering”, only days away Edgar must assemble a vamp-hunting team worthy of crashing the party, and hopes to include his reclusive brother who’s dealing with his own dark past. Before the battle is over Edgar will discover there is a greater evil at work and must face his most haunting fear.
- Fans hoping to see the return of "Sam" will be saddened to hear that actor Corey Haim was found dead (3/10/10), allegedly due to a drug overdose.
- Currently filming in Capetown, South Africa.
- Originally subtitled The Bite.
- Director Dario Piana also worked on The Deaths of Ian Stone.
- Actress Tanit Phoenix (Gallowwalker) plays the novelist "Gwen Liebling."
- Going straight-to-DVD via Warner Home Video.
- Warner Premiere is producing.
- Written by Evan Charnov.
- The obvious third film in the Lost Boys trilogy.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.