About a group of college students that travel to a remote, mountain town called Madison County to interview the author of a tell-all book on the accounts of the grisly murders that happened in the town over two decades ago. Upon their arrival, the author is no where to be found and the townspeople state that they’ve "not seen him in years." They also deny that Damien Ewell, the notorious murderer, ever existed and that the murders never happened. As the kids start to dig around to get their own answers, they come to find that the stories, and Damien, maybe more real than the townspeople are letting on.
- Premiered at 2011's Screamfest LA.
- Filmed in Arkansas.
- Special Effects Make-Up were done by Almost Human, Inc. (Superbad, Paranormal Activity 2, Devil).
- Produced by a team of filmmakers with an average age of 25 and referring to themselves as "the filmmakers for today's economy", the film was Produced for well under $80,000.
- Writer/director Eric England, producer Daniel F. Dunn, and actor/producer Ace Marrero all met in 2008 on Eric England's thesis film. Later in 2009, the three went on to produce Eric England's first feature film, Hostile Encounter, which was the defining factor in acquiring financing for Madison County.
- Supposedly inspired by "true events."
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.