The film details the story of a 16-year-old girl from a small town in middle America named Maggie, who becomes infected by a zombie, yet continues to live with her family while enduring the slow transformation into one of the walking dead.
Silverlining Media Group
Gold Star Films
John Scott 3
- Lionsgate will distribute in the US.
- Joely Richardson (Nip/Tuck) plays Schwarzenegger's wife.
- Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime in September 2012.
- Abigail Breslin (Zombieland, The Call) plays the daughter.
- When the project was originally announced Paddy Considine was going to play the father.
- Chloe Moretz was in negotiations to play the zombie daughter, but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts.
- This marks FX title-sequence designer Henry Hobson's directorial debut.
- Writer John Scott 3 also builds commanding for NASA's flagship X-ray satellite. He works with the Chandra X-Ray Observatory, which takes photos of X-ray photons in deep space.
- Budgeted at an estimated $10-million.
- Was apparently part of 2011's "Black List" of the best unproduced screenplays.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.