No official plot yet, but the fakelore and webseries that this is based on told the tale of a young film student who, while in the process of making his first feature film, encounters a strange faceless entity known as The Slender Man.
Mosaic Media Group
- Filming is expected to begin sometime Spring 2013.
- It's likely that the film's title will be changed.
- This is director James Moran's feature film debut, after working as First Assistant Director on several films, including the last three Paranormal Activity movies.
- Scripted by Ian Shorr (Splinter).
- The film's title "Marble Hornets" is the title of the psuedo movie that was supposedly being made by a film student for the YouTube channel. It's also the name of the YouTube channel.
- Since its creation in 2009, the Slender Man myth has been adapted to a few indie games and a couple low-budget horror films. This marks the first somewhat mainstream adaptation of the character.
- The Slender Man is a fictional character created in 2009 by someone from a popular internet forum, where a contest was held to Photoshop supernatural entities in actual photos. The images depicted a very tall, pale, slender figure wearing a suit that apparently had no facial features. The being would normally be somewhere in the background of the image, making it an interesting challenge to spot. It was transitioned to film in the MarbleHornets channel. Read more on the Slender Man here.
- This film is based on a long series of YouTube clips from the MarbleHornets channel, which depicted appearances from a mysterious entity known as "Slender Man" aka "The Operator." You can watch the clips here.