|Tags: Andrew Bryniarski, Darren Lynn Bousman, Deborah Ann Woll, KILLERS, Lisa Marcos, Lyriq Bent, mother's day, REMAKES, slasher, Troma Entertainment, twisted pictures|
After a bank robbery gone wrong, three brothers head for home, hoping their MOTHER (Rebecca De Mornay) can provide them with a getaway. The youngest brother, JOHNNY (Matt O'Leary), has been shot and their back-stabbing former partner has gotten away with all the cash.
But when the brothers get home, they find that all their stuff is gone and Mother is nowhere to be found: she lost the house months ago in a foreclosure. The new owners, BETH and DANIEL SOHAPI (Jaime King and Frank Grillo) and their guests, gathered for an ill-timed birthday party, become the brothers' unwitting hostages.
Not long after, Mother arrives, along with the boys' sister LYDIA (Deborah Ann Woll), and it soon becomes clear that Mother will do absolutely anything to protect her children. In one terrifying evening, she brilliantly takes control of the situation and masterminds her sons' escape from the law.
- Anchor Bay Films will distribute the film in the US around Mother's Day 2012.
- Originally hoped to get an April 2010/2011 theatrical release in the US.
- Was originally getting a theatrical release of 1000 to 1500 screens in the US via Gigapix Releasing, but plans fell through.
- Filmed in Winnipeg, Canada.
- Actress Rebecca De Mornay will play the mother.
- Twisted Pictures, the Genre Co. and Rat Entertainment have all teamed up with LightTower Entertainment for this.
- Fans may remember director Darren Lynn Bousman from his work on Saw II through IV.
- It's said that the film will have a realistic gritty tone.
- Scripted by Scott Milam.
- A remake of the Charles Kaufman's cult classic 80's Troma film with the same name.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.