In 2012, the deceased have risen from their graves with only one instinct-to feed on the living. As academics speculate on the scientific cause of the phenomena, theologians point to the Armageddon foretold in the Book of Revelation. As the cities are over run and civilization crumbles, a family take refuge from the undead army in an isolated farmhouse in West Wales. But the greatest threat is already among them.
- Lionsgate Home Entertainment will distribute in the US.
- Filming began on September 24th, 2011 in Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Cardiff in South Wales, UK.
- One of the producers had this to say about the project: "NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: RESURRECTION is aiming to serve as an entertaining companion piece to the original film rather than attempting to do the impossible and improve on it. This project is being produced by a group of filmmakers who are genuine fans of the horror genre. We have fresh ideas for how to revitalise the Zombie sub-genre and have created a story that combines modern elements with the classic premise. We are sure genre fans will be happy to see a modern horror film which focuses on genuine suspense and tension, utilises practical FX rather than CGI and provides characters that the audience will actually care about."
- The feature film directorial debut of James Plumb.
- A British remake of the 1968 George Romero classic.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.