When opportunity knocks, a young down-on-their-luck family packs up their home and moves halfway across the country to re-root themselves into an idyllic little town filled with hopes of a better life. What awaits them however is a tale of betrayal and evil beyond any of their worst nightmares.
Anchored around the complicated, nuanced relationship of the two teenage sisters, NOTHING TO FEAR takes sibling rivalry to a chilling new dimension of bloodlust and fear. Each of the sisters play a dangerous and frightening part of an ancient ritual that unleashes a demonic fury that will change the family forever.
Stemming from folklore surrounding the actual town of Stull, Kansas, generations of residents and outsiders alike have proclaimed Stull to be one of the seven known gateways to Hell, where once a year, the Devil will rise from the town’s modest graveyard to walk the Earth. For decades, television, music, movies, and more have cautiously addressed the town; its horror is so infamous, even Pope John Paul II refused to fly over its grounds. NOTHING TO FEAR finally pulls the folklore to the forefront and reveals the unsettling fact and fiction rumbling beneath the surface.
- Filmed in Covington, Louisiana.
- Originally titled Nothing to Fear.
- Clancy Brown plays "an evil pastor".
Ethan Peck plays "townsperson with a past".
- Anchor Bay will distribute in the US.
- Producer Slash was recently quoted saying: "Anthony Leonardi’s vision of this story is exceptionally unnerving and dark. It will keep you totally engaged from the first second of the film to the last. It’s guaranteed to scare the hell out of you."
- This marks Anthony Leonardi directorial debut, after serving on the creative teams of directors Gore Verbinski and Francis Lawrence, developing creatures and storyboard design for films like Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, Rango and Constantine.
- Producer Slash was quoted saying: "Our mission at Slasher Films has been to create genre films that defy the genre stereotypes. The team of Anthony and Thomas elevate an already frightening story with a unique vision and powerful artistry."
- Newly-created production outfit Slasher Films is the brainchild of legendary guitarist Slash.
- The film's story is based on an actual town that's said to be one of the "seven gateways to hell."
5/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.