No official plot yet, but it's said that it will follow the events of the first.
April 7, 2017
Guillermo del Toro
Charlie Hunnam (not confirmed)
Rinko Kikuchi (not confirmed)
- Guillermo del Toro was quoted saying: "The characters I love will return. Raleigh, Mako, Newt, Gottlieb and who knows, maybe even Hannibal Chau – but we are taking them into a fresh territory that will display amazing sights and battles. The first film set the stage and now we’re ready to have a blast."
- It's said there will be an animated series and a continuation of the Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero prequel graphic novel.
- Will be in 3D and go to IMAX.
- Guillermo del Toro had a recent interview, saying the following about the script he's working on with Zak Penn (X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk): "We’ve been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. I’m going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one — but you will get really great spectacle."
- Guillermo del Toro returns to write, but no word if he'll also direct.
- It's said that the characters Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi) are planned to return, however nothing official has been confirmed.
- This is the obvious sequel to the 2013 film Pacific Rim. It was rumored that this would be a prequel, but del Toro has confirmed that it would be a sequel taking places after the events of the first.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.