Lucifer and Michael, God's greatest archangels, share the bond of extraordinary friendship until God produces his greatest creation: Man. Unable to remain subservient to God if it means bowing down to humanity, Lucifer begins his dark descent and is cast out - only to plot his revenge.
Fox Studios Sydney
Vincent Newman Entertainment
Philip de Blasi
John Milton (poem)
- The project has officially been pulled from the development slate. Apparently the studio just couldn't deal with the requirements that would be needed to bring forth proper effects for many of the epic battles we would've seen. With the budget already at $120-million, they simply couldn't afford such a risk. No word if it'll ever be picked up again (possibly by a different studio) but right now it looks like it's not happening. (2/9/12)
- Despite filming aimed to begin in January 2012 in Australia, the studio has decided to put the project on temporary hold while they rework the script to bring down the already massive budget. Apparently with all the visual effects and green screen work that was to be done, the budget was going 10% to 15% over the $120-million dollar budget. (12/13/11)
- Diego Boneta and Camilla Belle plays "Adam and Eve."
- Dominic Purcell plays "Moloch, a former angel who, after falling, sides with Lucifer in the battle against heaven."
- Callan McAuliffe plays "Uriel, one of the first seven archangels created by God."
- Casey Affleck plays Gabriel, "the chief of the angelic guards who watch over Paradise."
- Actor Rufus Sewell plays "Sammael." This also marks the reunion with director Alex Proyas after the two worked together on Dark City in 1998.
- Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond, Push) plays "Abdiel, the angel of death."
- Bradley Cooper (The Hangover) will play Lucifer
- Ben Walker plays Michael.
- Director Alex Proyas also helmed films such as The Crow, Dark City and most recently, Knowing with Nicolas Cage.
- It's said that this may be in 3D.
- Described as an "action vehicle that will include aerial warfare."
- Based on the poem by John Milton.