A post-apocalyptic story about a botched U.S. government experiment that turns a group of death row inmates into highly infectious vampires, and an orphan girl who might be the only person able to stop the ensuing crisis.
Scott Free Productions
- Matt Reeves will supervise a rewrite of the script once a new writer comes on board.
- Director Matt Reeves also helmed Cloverfield and Let Me In.
- Producer Ridley Scott was once thought to also be directing.
- In the very early stages of development, as a script has not even been written yet.
- Producer Ridley Scott and writer John Logan also worked together on Gladiator in 2000.
- The tone of the project is said to be closer to "28 Days Later and The Stand."
- John Logan (Gladiator, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street) wrote an early draft of the script before Jason Keller took over to do a rewrite.
- The novel is said to be the first in a planned trilogy.
- Based on the Jordan Ainsley vampire novel, which doesn't come out until June 2010.