It's said that the plot will continue with the Tall Man still traveling from town to town turning the dead into his own army and using his deadly spheres against anyone who opposes him. Mike, who is developing psychic powers, and his brother try to stop him.
- The last report on the project was back in 2007, when Don Coscarelli revealed that his script has been written and it's only a matter of finding the right studio that sees the same vision. Obviously since years have passed that Don never found the studio and has moved onto other projects.
- At one point New Line was going to help develop the project, but we'd see Don Coscarelli step away from the camera and only serve as producer. The initial hope was that if the film did well it would be the start of a new trilogy.
- Supposedly this sequel and any others that precede it will be "faithful" to the original films.
- It's said that if this film does well that a new Episode 1-type trilogy would be developed about Mike's "coming of age".
- The project is said to be influenced by a new screenplay by original creator Don Coscarelli and Stephen Romano.
- Roger Avary's (Silent Hill) script was rejected due to its extreme violence and need for a large budget due to its supposedly massive scope detailed in the script.
- Bruce Campbell was to have a "terrific role" in Avary's script.
- The quoted plot is from Roger Avary's axed script: "The year is 2012 and there are only three U.S. states left. Between New York and California is the wasteland known as the Plague Zone. Unfortunately, the evil Tall Man controls that area. Since many people are dead, the Tall Man is able to make thousands of dwarf slaves for his planet daily in the Mormon Mausoleum. Besides him, the other residents are "baggers," human-like creatures that are infected by the Tall Man's blood, the dwarves, and, of course, the silver spheres, all trying to break out of the barrier that contains them and into the real world. A group of hi-tech troops are sent in to destroy the red dimension where the Tall Man gets his power, Reggie follows so he can f hi-tech troops are sent in to destroy the red dimension where the Tall Man gets his power, Reggie follows so he can find Mike after a series of nightmares he had. Will they be able to finally destroy the Tall Man for good."
- You can follow early development updates at UHM's old page for the film here.
- When the project was originally reported it had the title Phantam's End, but during very early development it was referred to as Phantasm 1999.
- Originally thought to be the last addition to the Phantasm series.