|Tags: Byeong-ki Ahn, Imprint Entertainment, korean, phone, REMAKES, south korea, SUPERNATURAL|
You voted ‘up’
The original was about a reporter, who changes her phone number after getting threats, but by doing so it causes mysterious supernatural occurrences, and leads her to investigate the previous owners of the number.
- It's said that the film will shoot on location in South Korea in the first half of 2010.
- The film will have both Korean and American actors.
- The film's original director Byung-ki Ahn returns for this remake.
- With the film's script being in English the film's dialogue will likely be shot in both English and Korean.
- Budgeted at an estimated $10-million USD.
- Seoul-based Mirovision will team up with LA-based Imprint Entertainment to co-produce.
- Aaron Ryder (Revolver) was one of the original producers attached when this was first announced.
- Jeff Burr (Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III) was at one point attached to direct.
- This project has been in the UHM database since it was first announced in 2004.
- A remake of the 2001 South Korean original.