Having awoken from their spring break extravaganza at Lake Victoria, the swarm heads upstream where they look to make a meal out of Big Wet, a local water park where when it comes to fun, nobody does it wetter! Thought they came to get wet, get loaded and get some, the staff and patrons get more than they bargained for when they must face the fiercest, most bloodthirsty piranhas yet. Lead by the strong-willed, studious Maddy and her friends, Barry and Kyle, the trio must dive in and take on these man-eating creatures using every ounce of their being...but can they be stopped?
- It's said that the film will receive a theatrical and on-demand run simultaneously sometime in 2012.
- Originally set for a November 23rd 2011 theatrical release.
- Filmed in Wilmington, NC.
- Apparently Ving Rhames and Paul Scheer's characters are friends in this film, with Rhames now afraid of the water and Scheer attempting to help him overcome it. It's said that their characters are a part of their own little story and won't interact with the lead actors at all.
- Ving Rhames, Paul Scheer and Christopher Lloyd will return in this sequel.
- Director John Gulager's father Clu Gulager (Return of the Living Dead, Feast trilogy) has a role in this film.
- Joel Soisson (Children of the Corn: The Dweller, Dracula II: Ascension, Mimic 2) will reportedly rewrite parts of the script to better utilize 3D for key scenes.
- Originally had a September 16th 2011 release.
- Filming was originally said to begin in the New Orleans area between January 17th to February 18th 2011.
- This film once again reunites Feast director John Gulager and writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan (Saws 4 through 7, The Collector).
- A rumored idea for the story when it was still in early development focused around "the full moon party in Thailand — a huge event with like 200,00 young people from all around the world taking mushrooms and partying on the beach."
- Previous director Alexandre Aja will not be returning.
- The sequel to Piranha 3D.
4/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.