No official plot yet.
March 4, 2016
Scott Free Productions
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
Jack Paglen (first draft)
- It's reported that production is aimed to begin sometime in the Fall of 2014.
- Writer Michael Green's script is said to be "more “alien-y” and in line with the terrifying tone of past films in the franchise."
- The film will reportedly feature multiple ‘David’ androids, which means there will be more than one Michael Fassbender on screen at the same time.
- It's said that the film will likely undergo a title change.
- Ridley Scott gave an update on the project recently where he revealed that the script is done, but his schedule is full for the next couple years, so it may be a while before he can move forward with production on the sequel. (10/31/13)
- Scripter Jack Paglen also wrote the upcoming Sci-fi flick Transcendence, starring Johnny Depp and Morgan Freeman.
- Ridley Scott would return to direct.
- Original scripter Damon Lindelof may not return, so the studio is looking for potential new writers to script.
- Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace return.
- It's said that while the first film had minor connections to the Alien films, this sequel will supposedly feel more like its own film and a separate entity from the franchise.
- The obvious sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus, which served as a semi-prequel to the Alien franchise.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.