It's been five years since the Outbreak and the zombie menace is supposed to be waning. But the brave men and women of R-Division, who find and destroy the undead, are seeing signs of a second Outbreak which humanity may not survive. The footage about the men and women of R-Division and their grim, dangerous but essential job of exterminating re-animated humans, was shot the week previous by an embedded journalist during a long, deadly day. Only the film survived.
After Dark Films
Roger R. Cross
- Word is that the film's delay has mainly been due to its lengthy post-production process and the filmmakers busy schedules with other projects. Apparently it'll finally be completed this Fall with an early 2014 release eyed. (4/16/13)
- Was originally going to be released via a limited theatrical premiere as part of the After Dark Originals festival January 28th through February 3rd.
- After Dark Film's producer Courtney Solomon describes the movie as follows.. "You find out the movie is an episode of a television show, a la COPS, five years after an outbreak that kills 85% of the population. Now they have units that go around to keep the hot zones in check. You follow this unit like a COPS episode, with two camera men. So you get interviews while they're out on their various calls. What you witness is a possible incident that might start outbreak number two."
- Producer Courtney Solomon also had this to say about the film: "It's a brand new take on a zombie film. It's in the vein of 28 Days Later in so much that the zombies are in hyper-drive. The virus, we explain, has mutated the people and taken the carnal, hunting instincts of survival. Even though they're zombies they actually try to hunt you like pack animals. They're vicious and smart. They come up with simple traps."
- The movie is said to be shot in a "wartime documentary style".
- This marks Valeri Milev's directorial debut.
- Writer Michael Hurst also scripted House of the Dead 2 and Pumpkinhead: Blood Feud.
- Part of After Dark Film's new After Dark Originals branch that aims to produce eight original genre titles.