|Tags: cult, Dermot Mulroney, drama, fundamentalism, John Goodman, Kevin Pollak, Kevin Smith, Kyle Gallner, Melissa Leo, Michael Angarano, Michael Parks, MISC, political, Red State, relgious, religion, Stephen Root, thriller, View Askew Productions|
Follows three horny high-school boys who come across an online ad from an older woman looking for a gang bang. Boys being boys, they hit the road to satisfy their libidinal urges. But what begins as a fantasy takes a dark turn as they come face-to-face with a terrifying "holy" force with a fatal agenda.
- Beginning September 1, the film will be available On Demand – six weeks before the debut of the Blu-ray Disc, DVD and Digital Download, set to release on October 18. The film opens in theaters the week of September 23 from Smodcast Pictures.
- Due to some fairly negative reception at Sundance, Kevin Smith will be cutting an estimated 5 to 10 minutes from the film.
- Premiered at 2011's Sundance Film Festival.
- Filming began sometime in August 2010 in LA.
- Loosely based on pastor Fred Phelps, the founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, whom believes that homosexuality is the root cause of all America's problems, from natural disasters to terrorist attacks.
- At one point Kevin Smith described this as a "political horror film".
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.