The story centers on two lone survivors of a bizarre accident that reduced most of the world’s population to zombies. They take refuge in a vacant casino and fight a losing battle against the undead.
- Premiered on the Chiller channel on December 16th 2011.
- Filmed in the towns of Mystic and Norwich, CT, with additional exteriors on location in Reno, NV.
- Fans may recognize actor Miko Hughes as the little boy from the original Pet Sematary and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
- Said to be getting a limited theatrical run before airing on the Chiller channel in the Fall.
- John Doolan was quoted saying, "The script is filled with big, action set pieces, but also strong suspense moments that will hopefully terrify the audience." He added.. "We're playing around with the zombie rules and creating our own breed, which will hopefully keep even the biggest zombie aficionados on their toes."
- Writer John Doolan ocassionally does reviews for UHM under the name "Johnny D".
- One of the first in a line of new genre films produced by the Chiller channel, which aims to produce original pics that "rises above the TV movie norms by creating memorable and legitimately scary films."
- Based on the graphic novel with the same name by Steve Niles (30 Days of Night).
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.