Revolves around Fred Mumford, a recently deceased guy determined to be more productive as a corpse than he was during his life as a slacker. He attempts to set himself up in a business with a couple of other ghouls, starting a temp agency for the dead. Mumford and cohorts rent out ghouls and ghosts to the living, until things go awry.
Robert Ben Garant
- This marks Tom McGrath's live action directorial debut, after working on Megamind and the Madagascar films.
- This project reunites writers Tom Lennon and Robert Ben Garant with Ben Stiller, who all worked together on the comedy Night at the Museum.
- When the project was still at Warner Bros. they aimed to have actor/comedian Russell Brand play the lead "Fred Mumford."
- Described as a "Beetlejuice-style afterlife feature comedy."
- A remake of the original BBC television series of the same name that ran from 1976 to 1984.