No official plot yet, but it's said that the producers hope to "re-invent" the series and possibly make it more teen friendly than the previous installments.
November 13, 2015
F. Javier Gutierrez
Jacob Estes (rewrite)
David Loucka (first draft)
- Also known as The Ring 3.
- Originally titled Ring 3D, when it was still obviously aiming to be in 3D.
- Naomi Watts will not return, as it's said to feature an "all new cast."
- It's said that the producers hope to "re-invent the franchise" and aim it more towards a teen audience, with one possible scenario involving teens stumbling onto the cursed tape and a working VHS player (*gasp*!).
- Written by David Loucka (Dream House).
- Original producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald return.
- Original Ringu and Ring 2 remake director Hideo Nakata once expressed interest in returning for another sequel.
- Talks of a third installment has been around since the release of the second film back in 2005.
- The third installment in the US Ring remake series.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.