No official plot yet, but it's said that the producers hope to "re-invent" the series and possibly make it more teen friendly than the previous installments.
- It's said that the producers hope to "re-invent the franchise" and aim it more towards a teen audience, with one possible scenario involving teens stumbling onto the cursed tape and a working VHS player (*gasp*!).
- Written by David Loucka (Dream House).
- Original producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are in negotiations to return.
- Original Ringu and Ring 2 remake director Hideo Nakata once expressed interest in returning for another sequel.
- As the title suggests, this will be in 3D.
- Talks of a third installment has been around since the release of the second film back in 2005.
- The obvious third installment in the Ring remake series.