Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell), now the author of a self-help book, returns home to Woodsboro on the last stop of her book tour. There she reconnects with Sheriff Dewey (David Arquette) and Gale (Courteney Cox), who are now married, as well as her cousin Jill (Emma Roberts) and her Aunt Kate (Mary McDonnell). Unfortunately, Sidney's appearance also brings about the return of Ghostface, putting Sidney, Gale, and Dewey, along with Jill, her friends, and the whole town of Woodsboro in danger.
- The film is undergoing additional shooting in Michigan to "fine tune" the opening kill sequence (1/31/11).
- Test screenings for the film occured in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania this Thursday, January 6th 2011.
- It's said that Signey returns to Woodsboro for her father's funeral.
- Filmed in Michigan. The shoot was originally set to end by Labor Day, but has been extended until September 24th.
- Actress Lucy Hale revealed that she will have a small role in the beginning, although she was originally going to have a much larger role that would see her character return in Scream 5, but couldn't procced with it due to scheduling conflicts.
- It's said that the script is 140 pages long.
- (7/03/10) rumors have been floating around that due to Ehren Kruge's script changes some characters are now "dumbed down" and director Wes Craven doesn't have full control over the script.
- Ehren Kruger (Scream 3, The Ring remake) has been brought on board to polish the script while writer Kevin Williamson works on the second season of the CW's Vampire Diaries.
- Roger Jackson returns to the franchise as the infamous voice behind the mask and phone calls.
- Alison Brie plays "Rebecca", Sidney Prescott's ambitious personal assistant who secretly envies her boss' reluctant fame and fortune.
- Erik Knudsen plays the new Jamie Kennedy-type role, where he's familiar with all the conventions of a horror film and offers the comedy relief.
- Adam Brody plays a cop, who recently graduated from college and was raised on the “CSI” TV series. His interest in the criminal probably made interesting graduation announcements.
- Marley Shelton plays a deputy, who knew Neve Campbell’s character in high school, a role that was originally going to Lake Bell.
- Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) was originally going to play Jill's mother, but left the project due to scheduling conflicts and "script changes".
- Lake Bell was originally going to play a police officer who knew Sidney Prescott from high school, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Hayden Panettiere would play the cousin's best friend, a nerdy film geek.
- Rory Culkin would play a potential love interest for the "Jill" character.
- It's said that the casting process is proceeding slowly, because Craven and Dimension are not sending the script to agencies in order to protect its secrecy. With only character descriptions, actors are having a difficult time deciding whether certain roles are for them.
- Craven had this to say about Sidney Prescott after 10 years later: "She has been off by herself and living her own life, and she’s even written a book that has gotten a lot of critical acclaim. She’s kind of put her life back together in the course of these 10 years. But, certainly, there would be no Scream without Ghostface, so she has to confront him again, but now as a woman who has really come out the darkness of her past."
- Wes Craven is signed on to direct the next two sequels.
- It's said that this movie could very well be a standalone film since it contains a beginning, middle and end, and the two follow-up sequels are dependent on the box office performance of the fourth.
- Writer Kevin Williamson debunked a rumor that the Randy (Jamie Kennedy) character would somehow return.
- Franchise creator Wes Craven returns to the director's chair.
- It's rumored that since we will follow a new group of characters that the returning characters would likely be killed off.
- Writer Kevin Williamson has been quoted saying that he would (in one form or another) include some subtle references to the following "manga comics, Asian ghost girl movies, there's some PG-13 horror movies in there, vampire movies, M. Night Shyamalan movies and torture porn movies, even though they've come and gone."
- It's said that this film will introduce a group of new characters that we will follow for the next three films.
- Takes place 10 years after the events of the previous film and back at the town of Woodsboro.
- We will see the return of the Ghostface mask, while there may be another incarnation of it down the road as well.
- The Deputy Dewey character is said to now be a Sheriff.
- It's said that the characters Gale Weathers and Deputy Dewey are now married and have a kid.
- Courteney Cox Arquette returns as reporter "Gale Weathers".
- David Arquette returns as "Deputy Dwight 'Dewey' Riley".
- Neve Campbell returns as "Sidney Prescott".
- Neve Campbell once said that she would not return as Sidney Prescott unless she were in an insane asylum.
- Kevin Williamson will write the script for this film, along with two other sequels, making it a new trilogy to the series.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.