|Tags: apartment, Blumhouse Productions, ghosts, haunting, REMAKES, SUPERNATURAL, The Sentinel, Universal Pictures|
You voted ‘down’
No official plot yet, but the original revolved around a fashion model that moves into an unbelievably nice Brooklyn Heights apartment, where scary occurrences turn into a much more frightening turn of events.
- After very little movement for over a decade, recent rumblings indicate that Universal is working with Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity films, Insidious films) in hopes of finally moving forward with the project. It's reportedly out to writers and directors at the moment. (4/9/14)
- When it was first announced, Scott Rosenberg (Gone in 60 Seconds) was scripting and original director Michael Winner was supposedly going to return.
- In the early development stages it's said that the film would only use the original as a "leaping-off point" and wouldn't take much from the novel, using only the idea of a young woman moving into an apt. with mysterious neighbors.
- The original is based on the Jeffrey Konvitz novel.
- This is a remake of the original 1977 film with the same name.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.