Small town radio personality CHARLIE CROWE (Dallas Roberts) is thrust into the mystery when a strange caller relates a terrifying experience during Crowe's late night call-in show. At the same time, CDC Public Health Agent, SOPHIE LANCOMBE (Alison Eastwood), is hot on the trail of the cause of the rare medical condition known as SUNDS. Her investigations entwine her with Charlie's own discoveries and take them both into a dark world and a decades old cover-up about the phenomenon we now call, The Shadow People. Once you open the door to the mystery...you'll never sleep soundly again.
March 19, 2013 (DVD)
Now On DVD
PG-13 "thematic material, scary moments, brief language, partial nudity and smoking"
- Anchor Bay Films will distribute in the US.
- Filmed in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Actor Dallas Roberts spoke briefly about the film recently, saying: "There is sort of a Pan-Asian myth about these creatures who will kill you in your sleep. There are three of them and they essentially take your breath away. I play a radio talk show host who deals with the paranormal who is presented with the notion of the shadow people and is dismissive of it to his ultimate chagrin."
- The directorial debut of Matthew Arnold.
- Originally titled The Door.
- The medical condition fetured in the film known as SUNDS (Sudden Unexplained Nocturnal Death Syndrome) is a real condition.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.