|Tags: 3d, action, Alyssa Diaz, Chris Carmack, creatures, David R. Ellis, Dustin Milligan, Jesse Studenberg, Joel David Moore, Katharine McPhee, Sara Paxton, sharks, Sinqua Walls, Will Hayes|
Arriving by boat at her family’s Louisiana lake island cabin, Sara (Sara Paxton) and her friends quickly strip down to their swimsuits for a weekend of fun in the sun. But when star football player Malik (Sinqua Walls) stumbles from the salt-water lake with his arm torn off, the party mood quickly evaporates. Assuming the injury was caused by a freak wake-boarding accident, the group realizes they have to get Malik to a hospital on the other side of the lake, and fast.
But as they set out in a tiny speedboat, the college friends discover the lake has been stocked with hundreds of massive, flesh-eating sharks! As they face one grisly death after another, Sara and the others struggle desperately to fend off the sharks, get help and stay alive long enough to reach the safety of dry land.
- Relativity Media will distribute the film theatrically in the US.
- Originally titled Shark Night 3D, which apparently nobody working with the film liked (including the director), so it went under Untitled 3D Shark Thriller for a while, where director David R. Ellis joked that it may end up being the actual title. They eventually just settled back with Shark Night 3D.
- Filmed in Louisiana.
- Joel David Moore is the comic relief as "a socially awkward guy who fancies himself a young Brad Pitt."
- Chris Carmack is "the ex-boyfriend of the female lead, still uncast, who was scarred in a boating accident."
- Sinqua Walls is playing a "Tulane University linebacker with plans on marrying his college sweetheart (Diaz)."
- Budgeted at $28 million.
- Co-writer Will Hayes served as writer for many episodes of VH1's Best Week Ever.
- Director David R. Ellis (The Final Destination, Snakes on a Plane) filmed with 3D cameras.
4/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.