It's Christmas Eve in Cryer, WI and the normally quiet town is bustling with activity as the the residents are getting ready for the big day. The events take place around the towns annual Santa Parade, which has brought a record number of Santas to town. Deputy Sheriff Aubrey Bradimore is stuck reluctantly working the night shift, dealing with all of the drunken Santas, road closures, and stressed out locals — but things are about to take a deadly turn. A vicious serial killer, dressed as Santa Claus, has made his own "naughty list" and anyone on it is in big trouble. As the body count rises, Aubrey races to discover the killer’s true identity – but in a town full of Santas, shady characters and dark secrets, finding the real murderer will take more then a Christmas miracle.
- Filming in Winnipeg, Canada, with an aimed release for this Holiday season.
- Anchor Bay will distribute in the US.
- Director Steven C. Miller was quoted saying: "This one’s going to be dark. I love the original movie, and I love the mean spirit of it. I felt like it took itself pretty seriously, and while there's some dark humor in this one, we are handling it ‘straight’ and it’s definitely a horror film and it’s definitely a ‘Santa with an Axe’ film. It’s going to be really crazy, and really gory, and at the same time have some really great characters at its heart."
- It's said that the effects in the film will be "100% practical."
- Actress Jamie King plays "Aubrey Bradimore, a Deputy Sheriff who battles the killer Santa Claus terrorizing her small Midwestern town."
- Actor Malcolm McDowell will play "Sheriff Cooper, a small-town hero ready for some big-time action."
- Originally titled Silent Night, Deadly Night (like the original) but was shortened to just Silent Night.
- Directed by Steven C. Miller (Automaton Transfusion).
- Said to be a "loose remake" of the 1984 film Silent Night, Deadly Night.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.