No official plot yet, but the story is said to follow a family suffering from the present economic crisis that's forced to relocate to an old and fairly deserted trailer park, where they find themselves terrorized by the same trio of masked strangers from the first film.
- One of the producers revealed in a recent interview that the script is "great" and they're in the process of getting things together and moving forward with the project sometime this Fall. (4/16/12)
- Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime in 2011.
- New York Knicks basketball player Amar'e Stoudemire is reportedly in negotiations to executive-produce the film.
- Filming was originally said to begin sometime in September '09.
- No word if this will go straight-to-DVD or theatrical.
- The feature film directorial debut of French helmer Laurent Briet.
- Rogue Pictures hopes to bring back Liv Tyler and the original villains.
- Original writer/director Bryan Bertino returns to script.
- The obvious sequel to The Strangers.