|Tags: Alex Lifeson, Alice Cooper, Capri Films, Carol Pope, Chris Ratz, COMEDY, Dave Foley, Henry Rollins, Iggy Pop, Jessica Pare, Malcolm McDowell, Mike Lobel, Moby, Paul Anthony, Rob Stefaniuk, rock 'n roll, VAMPIRES|
Follows a group of rock ‘n’ roll wannabes in search of immortality and a record deal. Seemingly doomed to roadtrip doldrums and dives, the band The Winners break their slump when their female bass player disappears one night with a studly, stylin’ vampire. She returns charged with sexual charisma that creates audience frenzy and eventually ensnares the rest of the band. Their "hook" launches them to fame. But fame turns out to be a different kind of Hell than AC/DC promised.
Following an "incident" on a national radio show with "Rockn’ Roger" The Winners hit mega-stardom beyond their wildest dreams. But Joey is haunted by an eerie bartender with a dark secret. And legendary vampire hunter, Eddie Van Helsing, is on their tail tracking them down despite his fear of the dark. But when a veteran music producer calls them on becoming a vampire freak show, their rock’n’roll bubble bursts.
- Premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Filmed in Toronto, Canada.
- Produced by Capri Films.
- Comedian Dave Foley plays the band's "sleazy manager."
- Malcom McDowell plays vampire slayer "Eddie Van Helsing."
- Musical performers Moby, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Henry Rollins and Carol Pope will all have appearances in the film.
- Written and directed by Rob Stefaniuk.
- This is a Canadian indie horror-comedy.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.