|Tags: dead, george a. romero, survival of the dead, undead, walking dead, ZOMBIES|
On a small island off North America's coast, the dead rise to menace the living. Yet, the islanders can't bring themselves to exterminate their loved ones despite the growing danger from those they once held dear. A rebel among them hunts down all the zombies he can find only to be banished from the island for assassinating his neighbors and friends.
On the mainland, bent on revenge, he encounters a small band of survivors in in search of an oasis on which to build a new life. Barely surviving an attack from a mass of ravenous flesh-eaters they commandeer a zombie-infested ferry and sail to the island. There, to their horror, they discover the locals have chained the dead inside their homes, pretending to live "normal" lives...with bloody consequences.
What ensues is a desperate struggle for survival and the answer to a question never posed in Romero's Dead films: Can the living ever live in peace with the dead?
- Magnet Releasing will distribute the film via video-on-demand a month before it receives a limited theatrical run.
- Filmed in Ontario, Canada.
- For a while had the tentative title "...of the Dead."
- Some cast and crew from previous Dead films will return, but as differen't characters.
- It's said that this film will have a narrative connection to Diary of the Dead.
- The film will have a western theme.
- The story's timeline is said to occur a couple of weeks after the original outbreak in 1968's Night of the Living Dead.
- The film is said to revolve around " tribalism," where a power struggle between two factions ensues and also having to deal with a crises by controling people's actions.
- This project started out as a sequel to Diary of the Dead, but after numerous script changes ended up an entirely different film.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.