Set in the town of Cold Rock, The Tall Man is a story of the haunting secrets that hide behind closed doors. With children gone missing over the years, leaving neither a clue nor a witness, superstitious locals talk of ‘The Tall Man,’ a legendary, mysterious dark figure who takes children away never to be seen again. When a woman’s son is taken, the chase is on and with it the quest for answers: Who is the Tall Man, and what happens to the children?
August 1, 2012 (VOD)
August 31, 2012 (Limited)
September 25, 2012 (DVD)
Now On DVD
Minds Eye Entertainment
Société Nouvelle de Doublage SND
R "violence and terror, and for language."
William B. Davis
- Image Entertainment will distribute the film in the US via a theatrical release.
- Made it's world premiere at 2012's European Film Market.
- One of the producer's gave a brief update on the film, saying: "The film will not completed until late January. We are waiting to see if the movie gets into the Berlin Film festival which is the end of February 2012. I am sure the movie will be released in theatres in 2012 as it is very good and Pascal did an amazing job." (12/19/11)
- Also known as The Secret in foreign countries.
- Filmed for eight weeks in Vancouver, Canada.
- Budgeted at an estimated $15-million.
- This marks French director Pascal Laugier's (Martyrs) English-language debut.
- It's said that there are "a lot of twists and a strong female character that you feel very connected to."
- Described as a "suspenseful thriller in the vein of the early films of M. Night Shyamalan."
- No relation to the Phantasm series, which has a character simply known as "The Tall Man".
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.